Whiplash is one of the most common neck injuries we treat at the Health And Wellness Clinic in our Layton, UT office. Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when the head rapidly moves backward or forward at a high rate of speed. The muscles are typically stretched and “whipped” in a vigorous manner.” Patients suffering from whiplash injuries usually have restricted movement and short-or-long-term neck pain. Soft tissue tears or sprains commonly occur as a result of whiplash.
Symptoms of Whiplash
Whiplash symptoms frequently occur following a car accident, high-impact sports, amusement park rides, etc. Whiplash can be difficult to heal from without some kind of treatment. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, reach out to our experts at Health And Wellness Clinic.
Symptoms can include but are not limited to:
- Neck pain, stiffness, and limited movement or mobility
- Pain in shoulders, upper back, or arms
- Blurred vision with headaches
- Inability to focus or concentrate
- Dizziness or vertigo
Treatments for Whiplash Injuries
At Health & Wellness Clinic, we understand each patient has drastically different healthcare needs. We will evaluate the extent of your injury to determine the best treatment plan for your personal needs. Some of the conventional treatments include:
- Spinal manipulation treatment: Our spinal manipulation is designed to treat whiplash by adjusting the neck joints that are misaligned. Chiropractors help to position them back into the right place, which drastically improves blood flow and reduces nerve damage risk. Whiplash often leads to bulging discs and other problems with the spinal cord. We provide hands-on, gentle, and non-invasive treatments to restore your body to its proper condition.
- Muscle reconditioning and stimulation: Our in-office techniques focus on improving the muscles that are dealing with pain, strain, or tears. Whiplash causes muscle dysfunction and can lead to tension and pain due to repeated contraction of the muscle. We perform different stretches and strength training exercises to ease the pain caused by tight muscles.
- Trigger point treatment: When whiplash occurs, it can cause pain throughout the body, not just the neck, shoulders, and spine. Trigger points often develop as a result of abnormal motion. Our specialists will use proven, gentle muscle treatments to stretch the muscles and break up the knots that have occurred. We focus on alleviating muscle tension by directly pressing on these points to help reinstate the normal function of the muscles.
Treatment for Whiplash
If you are experiencing whiplash pain, contact our Layton Health & Wellness Clinic. Our experts will identify the root cause of pain and treat your body as a whole, not just a single symptom or area of pain. Depending upon the severity of the injury, treatments could take a few weeks or a few months. Let us be your pain advocates and restore your body back to its correct state and help you get back to enjoying your life, pain-free!